This last month I ended up trying a decent amount, well for me haha, of make up and found some great products that I’m so excited to share! Everything is from the drugstore except for one item I got at Sephora but besides that everything else can be found at your local Target, Walmart, CVS, etc. I will link each item from where I got it 🙂
The very first thing I tried out and couldn’t resist to buy was the Pro Filt’r Hydrating Longwear Foundation by FENTY BEAUTY ($35).
- This foundation is SO pretty. It truly is longwearing and has such a beautiful finish. My skin looked like ‘skin’, so smooth and glowy! The coverage claims to be medium and I would agree although it does have a little more coverage if you use it with a brush. Also the shade range?! Phenomenal!! I mean, Fenty Beauty really up-ed the game when it came to shade ranges for foundation.
I tested out a second foundation from the drugstore that I also loved and that was the Light Illusion Foundation by Flower Beauty ($8-$14).
- This one is also so, so pretty! It’s definitely a good day time foundation since it does have an SPF of 18. It claims to be weightless, nude skin feel- like, leaving a soft luminosity and I would agree 100%. It is so nice. The only bad thing is the shade range. It’s been out for quite a while now and I haven’t seen a change in the shade range so that’s unfortunate. BUT I actually think that this might be my current favorite foundation.
When it comes to concealers I tend to be a bit picky. I hate it when my concealer creases, looks dry, doesn’t cover well… I mean who wouldn’t? So I’m always on the hunt for good concealer and I came across the jackpot with the Milani Conceal + Perfect Long Wear Concealer ($7.99).
- This concealer has great coverage and is matte, but not to matte? It’s so creamy, blends out nice and doesn’t dry out my under eyes or crease! Once it’s set my under eyes look smooth. It does oxidize a bit so I would get a shade lighter then what you would normally get.
Setting powders is another thing I tend to struggle to find. I don’t know if maybe I don’t know how to pick them right, lol, but I always feel like that just make me look so powdery so I tried the NYX High Definition Finishing Powder in banana ($2.97).
- I apply this under my eyes with my damp sponge and it melts right into my skin leaving a matte, smooth under eye! I always need to set my under eye and this works really well for me.
The drugstore KILLS it with mascaras. I’ve never felt the need to get a high end one because of how good drugstore brand mascaras are, although I’m tempted to get some and I might just cave soon haha, but I didn’t know NYX released their On the Rise Volume Life Mascara ($10.99), and after hearing KathleenLights talk about it I had to give it a try.
- My lashes looked SO long and feathered out, I love it. I take my time to do about two coats but it does such a beautiful job that I really don’t mind. I also don’t experience any smudging or flaking which is always a big plus!
The following are two lip products. The first one I tried out is a Lip Plumping Glass by E.l.f.($6).
- Honestly, I don’t see much of a plumping effect although I do feel some tingling but I don’t really mind because it is such a pretty colored gloss (Shade: Mocha Twist) and it isn’t sticky!
The last item I tired out was the NYX Butter Lip Gloss ($3.39).
- On my instagram I follow a good amount of beautiful influencers and I kept hearing about the NYX butter gloss so I caved in and decided to try it out for myself! I love the hint of color it gives and how smooth it is. I got the color Tiramisu and it’s so pretty. I highly recommend this class and you can’t beat the price.
I hope you guys enjoyed my September favorites! I didn’t want to try and keep up with these each month, maybe even if it’s not always makeup!
Everything is linked in case you guys want to test somethings out yourselves! What were your recent makeup favorites?!
Have a beautiful and blessed October, guys! xox